Responsible Tourism in Georgia
What is responsible tourism? Making it simple – it is a way of travel that demonstrates respect for the people, culture and environment you’re visiting. Traveling responsibly is less about the destination but more about what you do when you get there. Responsible travel is a choice of people with higher level of environmental and cultural awareness.
Tourism is currently one of the largest industries on the planet. And Georgia is one of the countries that experiencing an extreme rise of global interest as a travel destination. As a result, thousands of local families and rural households are now relying on tourism for their daily needs.
The rise of tourism in Georgia and its potential has also brought in sight some negative impacts this may have. Like in popular travel destinations worldwide, Georgia is now facing over-tourism, over-development, destruction of environments, etc. At Geotrend we strongly believe that our Georgia tours of small scale, eco-friendly approach can bring benefits to local communities, help preserve the areas we travel to see, and provide real and positive social exchanges. And, very important, these all give Georgians a reason to conserve too.
Main benefits of responsible tourism in Georgia are obvious. The income we help generate can mean the difference between sustainable growth and survival. Our Georgia tours allow travelers experience places, nature, traditions and practices in the most responsible way possible. In return, our guests are becoming advocates for maintaining and bettering our world when they return to their home country.
Fundamentals of supporting local communities and limiting your environmental footprint have already been built in to your trip to Georgia with us. Starting from the choice of accommodation, the selection of vehicles and to the activities included, and special ‘responsible traveler kit’ that is provided.
Read our “Responsible Travel Policy” for detailed information about approach we take, and practices we employ.
Georgia: Environment And Responsible Travel
As tourism becomes a truly fundamental for Georgia, we recognize our obligation to operate our tours in a responsible and sustainable manner. We see this not just as an environmental issue but as an economic and social too. First of all we are committed to the sustainable growth of the communities that are hosting our guests and the natural environment that we take our travelers to. We strongly believe that by following “Responsible Travel Policy” we surely can provide a more rewarding and exciting experience to you our guests.
Key points of our operations are:
- Small groups of up to 10 people have less impact on Georgia local communities and environments.
- Private travelers on customized journeys receive our suggestions on Georgia tour program and itinerary that are beneficial to local communities and environment.
- Where possible we allocate finances directly into the communities we visit by using locally owned and run accommodation and eating locally produced food.
- We are committed to ensure that our guides and drivers receive a fair rate for their services.
- We encourage our operators, guides and drivers to take an active interest in responsible and sustainable tourism so that they can put our policies into practice.