Tbilisi – Yerevan – Tbilisi train tickets
Reserve and book your Tbilisi-Yerevan and/or return train ticket here. No payment is required at this point. Our consultants will receive your request, check tickets availability on requested dates, and confirm you in writing. Online payment instructions will be sent to you if tickets are available. We advise to reserve train tickets between Yerevan and Tbilisi in advance. At least 2 weeks before intended departure date. During high travel season, from April till October, train tickets are sold out very quick. Please also note that Tbilisi – Yerevan train tickets are available 40 days before intended departure date.
Tbilisi – Yerevan train timetable
(Autumn 2022 – Winter 2023)
|Destination||Runs on||Departure / Arrival time|
|Tbilisi – Yerevan||On odd dates (i.e. 1, 3, 5, 7, etc.)||08:20 pm – 06:55 am (next day)|
|Yerevan – Tbilisi||On even dates (i.e. 2, 4, 6, 8, etc.)||09:30 pm – 07:35 am (next day)|
Read carefully reservation service terms and conditions:
- Train ticket Reservation form is a request for Geotrend to check availability of desired train. And, if available, Geotrend will purchase train ticket on your behalf.
- After submitting the form below you will be asked to send your, and other accompanying travelers details – i.e. full name and surname, passport photo copy (with all four edges clearly visible). These are required to process the actual train ticket purchase.
- You will be then asked to proceed with the ticket(s) payment. Our published prices are higher than that of Armenian Railway company, and are inclusive of Geotrend commission and online payment processing fee. After we receive your payment you will be issued an electronic ticket on your email address.
- Please note that Tbilisi-Yerevan-Tbilisi train tickets, once purchased, are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
Tbilisi – Yerevan train ticket prices*
- Compartment for 2 – single one way ticket price is 99 US$
- Compartment for 4 – single one way ticket price is 79 US$
- Open carriage – single one way ticket price is 69 US$
*Our prices are higher than that of Railway company, and include our service charge, payment processing fees, and other commissions.
FILL IN THE FORM BELOW TO MAKE TBILISI-YEREVAN TRAIN TICKET ENQUIRY
FAQ about Tbilisi - Yerevan train
What is the difference between travel classes?
- Compartment for 2 – otherwise known as “SV” (stands for Russian Spalny Vagon – sleeping carriage) it is a private compartment for 2 persons, with two sleeping berths / bunks.
- Compartment for 4 – otherwise known as “Coupé”, it is a 4-bunk private compartments fully separated from each other and a corridor.
- Open carriage – otherwise also known as “Platzkart” are carriages with different layout comparing to the two types above. With no wall between compartment and corridor, only four bunks along the long sides of the compartment, and two more mounted on the corridor wall, the lower bunk folding in the daytime to become two seats.
Please note that above travel class types cannot be combined in single carriage. Every carriage within the train is a dedicated one to a particular travel class.
Is the price mentioned above for the whole cabin or for one person?
The prices mentioned above are indicated per passenger, i.e. one travelling person, in a chosen class and one way only.
What’s included into the price of train ticket between Tbilisi and Yerevan?
Our prices are higher than that of Railway company. On both routes (Tbilisi to Yerevan, and Batumi to Yerevan) indicated prices include ticket cost, online payment processing fee, tickets delivery charge, and our commission.
Is Tbilisi to Yerevan train ticket exchangeable or refundable?
Tickets you purchase with our assistance are non-exchangeable and non-refundable. This is because Railway company rules prohibit anyone other than passenger himself (herself) to change or return purchased ticket. The only option in case you wish to change or return your ticket – is for you to personally visit train station in Tbilisi or Yerevan, present your valid passport and process exchange or return.
Is there a restaurant or cafe on the train?
There is no restaurant or cafe on Tbilisi-Yerevan trains, so travelers are advised to have their own food/snacks with them. But you can always ask train attendant to sell you tea, water or coffee.